It is not a difficult project nor time consuming, there's just a lot of curves. I'd say that it took about two hours of actual work, including cutting out the pattern, ironing it, etc. I trace patterns onto tracing paper rather than cutting the actual pattern tissue 99% of the time, but because there is only one size per animal here, I didn't feel cutting the pattern tissue would compromise anything. This saved me a lot of time. I also did not iron most of the seams because it's a pain in the pattootie to iron so many deeply curved seams.
The kiddo has not seen it yet, he's at my mom's this weekend, but I can already picture the huge smile on his face when he sees it. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out and I'd definitely make it again.